Buyer – Luton
Buyer, busy hands on-role in friendly, head office environment, Luton – £26,000
Working as a Buyer within the purchasing department of this successful sports, events, and promotional merchandise company, you will be processing purchase orders generated predominately from transaction software, CF, and often complementing with self-generated Excel workbook.
Your duties as the Buyer will include, but not be limited to:
- Updating sales department with all relevant information
- Accurately receive in purchase orders and dispatch sales orders (leading to final invoicing – all via CF)
- Produce delivery notes from ‘templates’
- Ensure that customer order is dispatched on time or bringing to the attention of the sales contact as soon as a potential late delivery is recognised
- Provide an effective first point of contact for supplier/company
- Direct contact with suppliers via email / telephone / meetings
- Support the purchasing department in seeking continuous improvement and as such support the business improvement plan
- Develop your product knowledge and assist your colleagues by participating in internal training and knowledge sharing.
- Assist in finding new suppliers
- Assist in finding new products
- Maintain excellent supplier relationships
- Follow through customer complaints/discrepancies (via the sales department) and ensure supplier is informed and where necessary penalised
- Respect the company’s stock process and buying policies
- Maintain supplier database with appropriate additions /updates Provide input and ideas into product development
- Attend relevant trade fairs
- Attend a monthly team meeting with the GM that will include his feedback in relation to company direction, existing customer base, potential commercial opportunities, and The Purchasing Department’s performance.
- You are expected to provide feedback at the meeting and evidence where savings may be made, service improved and identify market trends.
The successful candidate for the Buyer role will be:
- Extremely well organised
- Methodical in approach
- Strong attention to detail
- Understands the commercial trail
- Can work on your own initiative
If you would like more information on this great opportunity in an interesting and growing business, then please get in touch as soon as possible with your latest CV attached.