Group Finance Manager – Shaftesbury
Group Finance Manager, Leading a transactional processing team of 5, Shaftesbury, to £47,000
Working for established set of group companies. This role holds responsibility for all end-to-end transactional finance operations. The role has five direct reports that are responsible for invoicing, sales ledger / credit control and purchase ledger, bank reconciliations & payroll. as well as ad-hoc projects, requests, continuous reviews of procedures and controls.
As the Group Finance Manager you will:
- Manage the day-to-day workflow of the transactional finance, payroll team and accounting for multiple group entities
- Manage and oversee payroll process to ensure all employees are correctly processed and paid on time.
- Ensure that all revenue is appropriately and fully recognised, and settlement is collected to terms, escalating issues as necessary.
- Ensure completeness of income.
- Review and drive internal controls to ensure financial systems and processes are robust.
- Ensure that all expenditure has been correctly charged and appropriately authorised.
- Ensure that payments are made correctly and to terms, while optimising cash flow
- Introduce or maintain controls to validate expenditure.
- Maintain controls to safeguard and account for bank accounts and cash.
- Monitor and forecast cash flow, maintain within agreed bank overdraft limits and optimise cash flow wherever possible.
- Comply with legislation and HMRC requirements, including AWRS and the production of VAT returns.
- Protect the confidentiality of personal data.
- Ensure that the Directors receive relevant and accurate monthly reports and relevant and timely financial information to an agreed timetable to understand the financial position of the business and make informed decisions.
- Produce and analyse expense reports and feedback to budget holders.
- Produce an annual budget to an agreed timetable.
- Ensure company compliance with relevant financial legislative and reporting requirements.
- Establish and maintain financial controls to protect the company’s assets.
- Leadership and coaching of the team, to provide on the job training and colleagues within the team.
- Undertake any other relevant tasks as required.