Health & Safety Manager – Northampton
Health & Safety Manager, Northampton £35,000 – £40,000
Our client, a highly successful local financial services business, established for 30 years are looking to appoint a Health & Safety manager. The Health and Safety Manager would be responsible for all Health and Safety aspects within the business, developing, maintaining, monitoring and coordinating Health and Safety policies and procedures across all divisions. Supporting all areas of the business to develop their commercial operations, ensuring employee safety whilst enabling the business to deliver a practical maintenance provision model to their customers.
- Ensure compliance to health and safety regulations by all employees of the business; providing the necessary training and ongoing meetings to assist the employee.
- Ensure equipment in all sites are installed safely and maintained to the necessary standard.
- Undertake risk assessments and site inspections. Identifying potential hazards and determining ways of reducing risks.
- Keep up to date the safe operational practices ensuring adherence to any changes in legislation.
- Ensure all First Aider and Fire Marshall responsibilities are carried out as per agreed policy and procedures.
- Recording and investigating incidents, accidents and complaints, and cases of ill health.
- Investigate any health and safety issues raised by management or employees.
- Ensure health and safety policies and procedures are continually reviewed and updated
- Produce reports for health and safety statistics, and trends writing regular articles in order to communicate to all employees on health and safety issues and changes to regulations.
- Management of the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) log as part of the Senior Managers Regime/ Certificate Regime.
- Pass and maintain the requirements of the Relevant Regulator’s “fit and proper test” as required.
- Adhere to the Individual Conduct Rules as part of the Senior Managers Regime/ Certificate Regime. Attend training courses as required to enable you to develop your skills and knowledge through continuous professional development.
- Management responsibilities for the Control of Contractors within any site.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working in a commercial or engineering workshop environment with a hands
- Strong analytical problem solving and organizational skills
- Being qualified to NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent)
- Being qualified in NEBOSH Occupational Health and Safety Certificate (or equivalent)
- Hold a IOSH Managing Safety Certificates (or equivalent)
If you have the relevant experience and are looking for a challenging and rewarding career move, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch.