Management Accountant – Hatfield
We are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant, with strong Financial Planning and Forecasting Analyst skills, for a well-established business based in the Hatfield area.
This Management Accountant role is a newly created position, resulting from continued business growth requiring additional support with the provision of financial information, which will report directly to the Finance Director.
To act as a key asset in the future growth of the company by providing financial consulting and strategic support to senior management. As the Management Accountant you would be the analytical engine of the company, providing insights and support to optimise business decision making.
- Analyse current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variance
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and modelling tools
- Ad-hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in new projects
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyse complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Prepare presentations to the Senior Management Team
You are likely to have the following qualities to be successful in the Management Accountant position:
- Inquisitive and challenging to ensure best practice for the business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and/or part qualified CIMA with 3+ years’ experience of Financial Planning and Analysis
- Proven ability to put together monthly reports for management meetings
- Proven ability to interpret Financial Data to support business requirements
- Proven ability to present a well-supported case with your findings
- Strong communication skills, combined with a good sense of humour and strong work ethic