Management Accountant, newly created ACCA/CIMA part qualified role, Luton, to £38,000+ Study
My client is a forward thinking business who have ambitious plans for where they want to position themselves in their sector.
As a result of a recent restructure in the finance team they need a Management Accountant to work as part of a small finance team at their Luton office. The role reports into the Financial Controller
As the Management Accountant your duties will include:
- Interco and balance sheet recs
- Cashflow forecasting VAT
- Variance analysis and commentary
- Month end tasks
- Mentor and support more junior members of finance team
- Provide additional support to FC as needed
The ideal candidate will have some management accounts experience and be CIMA/ACCA studier. Must be confident Excel user. Will need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Great role for either a junior management accountant looking for step up or more experienced candidate.
Accounts Assistant, head office role in payments team, Milton Keynes, to £27,000
We currently have a new opportunity for an Accounts Assistant in the Payments Team. Working within this energetic and busy finance department. Our client is seeking a confident communicator, with good attention to detail, be organised and able to work to deadlines.
As an Accounts Assistant your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing payment requests received
- Ensuring all the relevant supporting documentation is present for authorisation and process on a daily basis.
- Investigate and resolve queries
- Process refund requests
- Review Finance Settlement accounts.
- Highlight to the Group Finance Manager and/or Group Financial Controller of any known financial risk to the business.
- Ensure that all systems and procedures in place within the business comply with current legislation and Group policy.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone seeking a position, working as part of a team within a friendly and supportive environment.
Finance Administrator required to provide support to the finance team, 7 month contract, Brackley, £30,000 p.a.
- Required to provide support to the finance team on an interim basis for 6-7 months.
- As the Finance Administrator, your key responsibilities will include to:
- Assist in the creation, maintenance & reporting of finance key performance indicators
- Support the implementation/continuation of process improvements to increase efficiency, effectiveness and compliance in finance
- Organising key meetings, including but not limited to confirmation of attendees, logistics, hospitality, preparing and issuing both the agenda and the minutes.
- Gathering and compiling information from various sources to provide effective briefing and support.
- Preparing documents, presentations and other submissions to high standards (using Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc).
- Financial administration using SAP.
- Replenishing departmental stationery as required.
- Other miscellaneous tasks as required to support the Senior Leadership Team.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Be excited to take ownership of and deliver projects
- Be confident yet open-minded – willing to listen and learn from all members of the Finance Team
- An effective communicator
- Ability to work accurately in a fast moving, performance-oriented environment and to be agile and flexible in approach.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Attention to detail and proficiency to self-review
- Have a can do attitude and prepared to assist across different areas
Insurance Renewals Account Executive – Team Leader, experienced commercial Insurance Broker, Milton Keynes, £55,000
The person we are looking for is a very capable and experienced commercial insurance broker, a team leader that understand their teams needs and how to get the best out of them with a consultative approach, role models behaviours and how to achieve results through their working style, has great success in retaining and developing relationships with our customers. Creating confidence and trust in what and how you work, as the Insurance Renewal Account Executive, you will:
- Work with your team to ensure that we respond promptly to client queries and ensure that all communications with customers and/or insurers, or other relevant business contacts are accurately recorded through our Acturis system.
- Enable your team to confidently and with knowledge, advise customers on the policy cover, terms and conditions, deal with claims and ensure that the customer understands the effect of breach of onerous conditions or requirements.
- Encourage and enable your team to deal with new business and renewals arising from customer contact, giving them appropriate support and help to achieve key objectives and targets.
- Review proposals and make recommendations for insurance cover based on information gathered from customer, using your knowledge and expertise to ensure we provide a consistently, high quality brokering service.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrable success providing telephone and face to face-based advice for commercial insurance brokering customers.
- Able to show success in retention of customers, within commercial insurance renewals environment.
- Project a professional and competent image, with an engaging and friendly manner, over the telephone and face to face
- To be able to manage high volumes of enquiries professionally and with timely actions
- Able to plan, deliver and review your renewals plans, and oversee your teams to ensure that customers’ needs are met
- Role model strong relationship building, influencing and team building skills.
- Experience of successfully leading and managing a commercial insurance – renewals team
- Diploma from CII or above
- Knowledge of Acturis would be an advantage, but understanding of other brokerage system will help. Training will be given
Accounts Payable Manager, Leading a head office team of 4, Biggleswade, to £45,000
Abacus Consulting are delighted to be supporting a leading business who have a need for an Accounts Payable Manager. This is a permanent, full time role, which will be Office based, no home working is currently available.
The successful candidate will have proven Accounts Payable and supervisory experience, ideally in a fast paced/high volume environment.
Your duties as the Accounts Payable Manager will include:
- Managing AP team on day to day basis
- Statement reconciliations
- Aged creditors reporting
- Month end reporting
- Provide training and ongoing support to team as needed
- Recruitment and retention
- Provide ad hoc support to FC/business as needed
If you’re based in Mid Beds/North Herts and experienced in Accounts Payable with supervisory experience, I look forward to receiving your application.
Finance Business Partner, commercial, qualified finance role, Brackley, £competitive salary, car, bonus
Working for an advanced manufacturing company the role will require strong experience of manufacturing accounting in order to provide detailed understanding of all costs associated with the production.
As the Finance Business Partner, you will be responsible for:
- Providing regular analysis and insight to senior managers within the technical departments.
- Month end close activities, including accruals/prepayments, accounting adjustments, reporting and variance analysis.
- Review and challenge of capex requests, providing support with business cases
- Producing cost centre budgets based on input from Cost Centre Managers for planning/forecast cycles.
- Identifying and developing efficiencies in regular weekly/monthly tasks
- Internal reporting
CIMA/ACCA qualified with extensive post qualified experience in Finance Business Partnering or similar roles in large, complex organisations, and ideally with a relevant degree:
- Ability to build and maintain excellent cross functional working relationships, responding to their needs and guiding where appropriate.
- An effective communicator that can take complex financial information and present it at an appropriate level to non-financial colleagues.
- Adaptable and forward looking, embracing a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and proficiency to self-review.
- Experience of SAP would be an advantage.
Experienced Finance/Insurance Compliance professional with an excellent eye for detail – Part-time (3 Days per week)
Seeking an experienced finance/insurance compliance professional with an excellent eye for detail and diligent work ethic to join our team. We work as a small, but very agile team across the UK, we have larger offices in London, Milton Keynes and Chester however many of our teamwork across the UK to meet our client’s needs.
With a strong technical background of FCA, CMA, ASA, and other regulatory requirements in relation to the distribution of consumer credit / mortgage products we are seeking someone who can join on a part time basis
You will have experience of providing timely and considered advice and guidance on a range of commercial insurance and commercial financing topics including, but not limited to: ICOBS, Product Governance, Conduct Risk and Consumer Duty. Working very pragmatically with the Managing Directors and teams you will have responsibility to ensure that there is a framework in place to manage administration and adherence to the SMCR regime for reviews, updates and all aspects of training and education for the business. You will of course conduct a regular review of policy framework and implement updates to ensure compliance with the changing regulatory landscape
The role – detail of what you will be involved in:
- Develop the existing, and maintain the compliance monitoring plan, ensuring timely delivery of monitoring activities whilst adhering to regulatory and internal policies
- Ensure compliance monitoring activities are completed in accordance with the correct framework and compliance monitoring methodology
- Lead and report on investigations to meet compliance standards and on all regulatory risk
- Work with the teams and assist with all compliance queries from the team, collating complaints and maintaining full audit trails for all actions taken during the process, including
- Completing and recording file checks
- Ensuring remedial actions and repairs are put into place where needed
- Assisting with updating commercial mortgage operations procedures and any audit findings
- Research new processes and procedures and ensure compliance to all commercial mortgage and commercial insurance regulation
Purchase Ledger Assistant, all round Head Office Payables Role, to £30,000
Leading business based near Royston need a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join the team. This is an urgent role. Open to permanent and temp/temp to perm candidates.
You will be working in a busy and fast paced environment. As the Purchase Ledger Clerk your duties will include:
- Invoice Inputting
- Supplier statements and queries
- Setting up Suppliers
- Credit Applications
- Payment Runs
- Banking Cover
- Contras and Journals
- Document approval
- Cover Concur and Credit cards
The role is open to junior finance candidates as well as more experienced purchase ledger clerks. Need to drive due to location. Office based during probation then potential for One day a week WFH.
Group Finance Manager, Leading a transactional processing team of 5, Shaftesbury, to £47,000
Working for established set of group companies. This role holds responsibility for all end-to-end transactional finance operations. The role has five direct reports that are responsible for invoicing, sales ledger / credit control and purchase ledger, bank reconciliations & payroll. as well as ad-hoc projects, requests, continuous reviews of procedures and controls.
As the Group Finance Manager you will:
- Manage the day-to-day workflow of the transactional finance, payroll team and accounting for multiple group entities
- Manage and oversee payroll process to ensure all employees are correctly processed and paid on time.
- Ensure that all revenue is appropriately and fully recognised, and settlement is collected to terms, escalating issues as necessary.
- Ensure completeness of income.
- Review and drive internal controls to ensure financial systems and processes are robust.
- Ensure that all expenditure has been correctly charged and appropriately authorised.
- Ensure that payments are made correctly and to terms, while optimising cash flow
- Introduce or maintain controls to validate expenditure.
- Maintain controls to safeguard and account for bank accounts and cash.
- Monitor and forecast cash flow, maintain within agreed bank overdraft limits and optimise cash flow wherever possible.
- Comply with legislation and HMRC requirements, including AWRS and the production of VAT returns.
- Protect the confidentiality of personal data.
- Ensure that the Directors receive relevant and accurate monthly reports and relevant and timely financial information to an agreed timetable to understand the financial position of the business and make informed decisions.
- Produce and analyse expense reports and feedback to budget holders.
- Produce an annual budget to an agreed timetable.
- Ensure company compliance with relevant financial legislative and reporting requirements.
- Establish and maintain financial controls to protect the company’s assets.
- Leadership and coaching of the team, to provide on the job training and colleagues within the team.
- Undertake any other relevant tasks as required.
Financial Controller, operational No 1 SME finance role, Northern Home Counties/M1 Corridor, c£70,000
Our client, is a relatively new company with established operations in the Renewable Power Sector, backed by a leading investment management group who invests in clean sustainable energy interests. This exciting phase of their strategy has created an opportunity for an experienced and self-disciplined Financial Controller to join them. The company has three operational bio-energy plants totalling c.4MW and is well placed to expand their interests and ventures through both development and acquisition.
Working within a matrix structure and closely with the Senior management team, this is a pivotal hands-on role within this demanding and operational business. You will have total responsibility for all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. This is a demanding position and will suit an ambitious qualified Financial Controller who can demonstrate they are a team player, strong financial controllership, and a willingness and ability to dive into the detail as necessary. The role will include the occasional travel to the company’s corporate offices and main operational site in the Midlands. Key responsibilities and priorities:
Key responsibilities and priorities:
- Continue to develop a solid robust framework of financial controls backed by sound policies and procedures
- Responsible for managing revenue recognition that will include ROC and RHI statements.
- Preparation of half yearly and year end statutory accounts, and liaison with auditors
- Development and production of meaningful monthly reporting to strict deadlines
Manage all team accounting operations including Sales Ledger, Accounts Payable, Payroll and Financial Planning & Analysis
- Maximise cash flows within the business by applying sound principles of credit and debt management, ensuring adherence to the Companies’ bank covenants at all times: instigate an early warning mechanism for potential defaults.
Ensuring tight cash management routines are enforced throughout the operations to maximise cash for the business. Liaise and communicate with external professional bodies and present appropriate levels of reporting to investors and bankers as appropriate. Timely production of budgets, forecasts and rolling forecasts and report variances. Preparation and production of monthly Management accounts. Developing a program of continuous improvement – Working with management at all levels to understand their reporting and financial needs, thus improving quality of output and usefulness of information – converting data into meaningful management information. Project manage – Liaise and support potential systems development with 3rd party advisors, currently operating on Xero based accounting system. Manage and comply regulatory reporting requirements and tax filings.
As a key member of the management team this role requires a person who can excel and adapt in a operational, multi-site, growing and changing environment. It is of paramount importance that you are reliable, professional, promotes team spirit and subscribes to continual improvement. The position also demands a strong communicator who is able to build strong working relationships at various levels within the organisation so they can influence decisions and therefore performance in a pro-active manner. Experience, breadth and depth of knowledge of new venture start-ups and growth changing businesses will be advantageous. The right personal qualities are very important to the business so someone who possesses a can do attitude and can muck in and support a small team will ensure your long term success in their culture.
- Of graduate calibre with recognised CCAB qualification ideally ACA/ACCA/ACMA
- Minimum 5 + years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Attention to detail is important, experience of working for a small/medium sized business or subsidiary of a larger group would be a benefit
- You must be able to demonstrate a track record of personal development, whilst having the potential capacity to grow
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Proven experience with creating financial statements and analytical ability
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Previous experience in a similar position, including experience of providing Financial Control and analysis
- Excellent IT skills and Excel modelling skills (Zero accounting system)
- Responsible with an innovative and Hands on Approach are a prerequisite
- Technically sound and commercially astute in order to challenge and communicate recommendations across senior management
- Experience within food/farm waste, renewable power, multi-site operational could be an advantage but not a prerequisite
- Possesses high ethical standards
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills